Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Aftermath of the Presentation

If I only had 2 words to describe my feelings about the presentation, it would be, "I survived!" If you know me personally, the person I become when I present is totally different. It is possession, I always believe. Luckily, this time I was possessed by an "okay" spirit.

I am very passionate about this subject (refer to my biodata if you like) and I felt I did not do justice to the secondary sources I read. I am the fool who watched Steve Jobs' keynote address but still did not perform very well. In my anxiety to cut words and add pictures, I forgot to organise my slides and what I speak. Looking at the confused faces, I should probably have included more text and punchlines. I think I spoke too fast too and rambled at certain junctures.

I am grateful for Yuvraj's optimism and relative calm compared to me. I am a worrier and the short time we had to prepare just made me panic more. Furthermore, Yuvraj's laptop crashed last Friday and my laptop keep having wireless problems. However, I think both of us were acceptable given the circumstances.

Thank you to the audience for the questions. Dinesh, I liked the glamour question and I felt it was such a great question your group should address it too. I do not wish for a great impact but I hope after seeing this presentation, you would try your best to reduce and reuse. We still have too many years left to live on this planet to destroy it in our time.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Annie,
    I think your did more than "just survived" during your presentation. Personally, I was really impressed with your presentation. During your presentation, I could really feel your enthusiasm. This was probably due to the fact that you werepresenting a issue that you are really concern with. You were really lively and had lots of hand gestures during your presentation.
    Besides, the slides that your group presented are very clear and nicely done. I would like to ask your opinions on a suggestion on recycling. Do you think it would encourage more people to engage in recycling if a tax (let’s say 10 cents) is levied for each can drink we purchase? (This tax will be refunded if we send the empty can back to a recycling centre.) Anyway, you did really well for your presentation. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,

    One word to describe you when you are presenting and that will be "cool"! That is really how you present yourself during the presentation. In addition, you also emit the message that you are not to be trifled with.

    I find your volume and speed appropriate, show a clear knowledge about what you are saying. Sometimes you can be a bit agitated but I guess the information on the slides is what you are passionate about.

    I like your humour for the reusable water bottle. It is good to bring in some laughter as audiences can be bitten by Zzz monster easily.
    I feel that the legend for the best recycling waste (If I have not remembered wrongly) can be bigger. It is really hard to see the colour from where I am seated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you look at Snapple bottles (if I am not wrong), you can get 10 cents if you return it in Australia, it's called container deposit legislation (wiki). I think it works but it would just mean more poor people collecting cans. We still don't solve the trash problem. I think drinks containers are still reasonable as that is the only way to package beverages hygienically but bottled water is really silly.

    Gillian, you meant the conclusion picture? It was a screenshot so it wasn't that great but good point. I think I loved that picture too much to care about the quality...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie,

    I don't think it is the conclusion picture I mean. Anyway it is over! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Terry said, you were more than just surviving, Annie. You two did a very fine job.

    I'll write more in a mail message. Thank you, again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I really appreciate it. Please be candid but nice!